Sunday, 28 October 2018


Well Andy and myself have been busy of late and continuing to make much needed terrain for our 28mm games, this time being some cliffs/steep hills.  Got the idea from the terrain tutor YouTube channel where he made hills from expanding foam here .... well it was very effective and an easy process.

You need a tube of expanding foam from Mitre 10, blob out a dozen squirts of foam in an oval shape, wait until dry and then get a knife and carve up to the desired shape (easy peasy indeed) and applying a layer of poly filler over, once dry its down to gluing some sand and loose stones about.  Then its the fun part of painting and basing them up.

We also found another YouTube clip being Black Magic Craft channel here  , about making forest trees from washing scouring pads and they look very good,  so back down to Mitre 10 and got some 8mm wooden dowels ,  about 3 packs of heavy duty scouring pads from Pak&Sav .... then it was a simple matter of chopping them all up into oval shapes of different sizes and skewing them with the dowels, once all thats done you have to glue spray the flock on, paint the trunk and stick it into the expanding foam hill - done

Quite impressed with the results, and makes it quite a fun gaming table to play on - we had a game of bolt action the other day playing my 1942 Finns against Andys 1942 Romanian list he made (using his German figures) - I won that game (haha) Andy had some shocking dice and I couldn't fail a morale check (must of done 10 or so)

Righto, first up is some photos of the wooded cliffs

 Second up is some photos of the Jungle type cliffs , very similar but has jungle plants added to them

Friday, 26 October 2018


Andy and myself have been busy constructing, basing and painting up our Industrial Ruin mdf buildings kit. It doesnt look like much in the photos but they took a while to complete. The easy part was making them, quickly snapping together the pieces with a little PVA glue on each side

The tricky and some what time consuming job was placing all the rubble and stuff around the edges to make it a little more messy. We also put in some extras such as tire wheels, rafter frames, oil drums etc.

The painting part was fun but also a little harder than I thought it was going to be but I think it come up rather well.

The base kit, snapped together and glued with PVA

We added some rubble parts,dirt and such

Then we plastered the joins (as seen in the first photo) as these looked rather ugly
just covered it up with some sand glued on.

Well there you have them, overall quite happy with the results, now we have only to do two factory buildings as well and also some little clumps of ruins so we can space between the buildings and down the roads and such to break it up a little more, so hopefully get these done as well and post some photos.

Thursday, 18 October 2018


Finally finished painting and basing up the Jungle huts we had made a while ago now .... now its worthy of being on the tabletop in a Jungle themed Bolt Action game or a Congo based game.

Andy and myself made the huts from some 40mm and 65mm dia upvc pipe , the roofing was from some old window netts glued to some coned cardboard base, which come up really well I think. We hot glued the pipe to some mdf board and then it was a simple matter of placing some filler to the sides and some extra netting material to give it some variety.

I hand made the pots with some modelling clay that sets by putting it in the oven, easy to use and sculpt, some are a tad big, but not too bad considering it was my first time using clay so overall quite happy with how they come out . Now I only need to paint up the children and mothers Congo miniatures set and place them within and around the huts so it will look more the part. ......

Well there you go, some easy peasy jungle huts all done and dusted
Next up some industrial ruin terrain.