Wednesday, 7 September 2016

SU-12 SOVIET ASSUALT GUNS & SAGA PRIEST

With another Flames of War tournament in a couple of weeks time, I have been busy painting up some Early War Soviet figures, being the little SU-12 assault guns.
Very cool looking guns on back of trucks, they have a decent gun for early war standards being AT5 with a 3+ FP roll, the best part is if they fail their 5+ truck save the enemy still has to their fire power roll as they have gun shields (so at times can be more useful than armour). They have volley fire rule also and if all else fails they some should provide some much needed artillery support to my T-60 tank army.

A platoon of 3  SU-12 gun platforms, all based up to match the rest of my force.




Also, I have finished my Peter the Hermit model, I will be using it as a mounted priest model for my Anglo-Saxon(Danes) force and also my Rus Princes force. Very humble looking donkey with a bible bashing priest preaching his gospel - looks a great model I think.
I could possibly use it as dismounted priest model as well, saying that the donkey is old and slow and somewhat stubborn, so moves at walking speed.


 

2 comments:

  1. Good to see Comrade Mark my last 3 T-28s are in their final stages of painting for our attack on the Germans for Iron Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers John, I just have a bomb dog model to paint up and my hero figure - going for a tank bailed crew with a couple of pistols each, should fit in with my tank army. Also got a few unarmed sappers still to paint then I have to help Andy paint flak nests.

      Delete