Wednesday, 6 April 2016

ANDREWS LATE WAR SWOBODA GERMANS - 8.8cm Flak 36 ARMY

Well, my brother Andrew has once again been showing me up and painted yet another Flames of War army . This time it is his Late War German Kampfgruppe Von Swoboda - thats the army with a bucket load of 8.8cm guns within it. Andrew has slowly been collecting this force with getting a few 88 guns at a time.



The force can have up to a maximum of 12x 88 guns in total - which is what Andy has done , 
If that was not never enough 88 guns already for Andy he also has 3 Tigers as well !! - they are the ones with no special Tiger rules but gives him some much needed mobility. Then there is the 25 stands of RT Infantry platoon - this will help defend the guns from close combat attacks. Backing up the army of AT guns is a large motorised SS Artillery Battery with 6 x 10.5cm guns !! 

He has also planned to drop a few gun shields in the future lists and allow a platoon of Light AA guns being the 2cm AA flak guns (4 of them for 65points), This would give him the vital 8th platoon after kampfgruppe so a good number for half on and half off missions (he just hasn't painted them yet-hence why they are not here) The kampfgruppe would be, to have 4 platoons with 3x 88 guns in each allowing a little more flexibility in deployment. The army is always the defender which is a good thing for this force.

A typical list for the force below.


Right, enough typing by me, lets look at the army !



88 Gun Battery A
88 Gun Battery B
88 Gun Battery C

Close up of guns
Huge 25 man German Infantry Platoon - Reluctant Trained
Three Tigers - just encase 12x 88 guns were not enough
A transport truck
88 Gun Battery A
88 Gun Battery B
The 6 gun battery of 10.5cm guns

88 gun battery A
A great looking army

On my side of things, I have got my self a new Saga army and I have also been looking into the new game of Bolt Action .....but more on that in a later post.

11 comments:

  1. 12x 88's all with extra crew....? 36 shots of ugliness. Plus tigers. Yikes.

    Fantastic looking army

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai, yep the army has a heap of AT13 shots that's for certain.

      Delete
  2. Also if people are wondering why a market garden force is snow based is because the rest of Germans are snow based and I wanted to add to the greater German army I have. Good write up Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also if people are wondering why a market garden force is snow based is because the rest of Germans are snow based and I wanted to add to the greater German army I have. Good write up Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy bastard. Shame it can't be used at Panzershreck this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's Andrew for you , always the eccentric armys with rubbish ratings. Andy has this in store for the next doubles LW event, should be good fun.
      This years EW Pzshrek double armys are proving hard to find something we both like but we are working on it.

      Delete
  5. Im almost tempted to build an army with nothing but tanks and planes as these are two things are what 88s are good at dealing with and seeing if I can break it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that would be a hoot. If I lost ,my name would be mud. Haha

      Delete
    2. Yeah that would be a hoot. If I lost ,my name would be mud. Haha

      Delete
  6. That is awesome! I had plans to build this force myself as I think they would have a great chance in a tournament. I had four Tigers and the SS infantry platoon as well as the 105mm, 155mm and special character giving you the US arty rules :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bede,
      Andy was thinking of using the special character for the Artillery as he looks quite good, he will just have to split his 6 gun battery into 2x 3gun batterys

      Delete