Friday, 23 May 2014

LIEBSTER AWARD





My wee blog has been awarded a Liebster Award, have to say a little surprised consodering my little following but I guess thats the whole idea to raise awarness of such blogs. So I am rather pleased to be awarded as such. So a big thanks to Paul of Red Dog blog site for nominating me.
For those of you who dont know whats this all about (myself included until this morning) fellow bloggers nominate certain blogs with 200 or less followers for the award. As part of the award you have to answer 11 questions and then nominate 11 people for the award as well. I am not sure I even follow this many bloggers as such (so little time) so I might skip this part (sorry lads) maybe next time.

So have to answer these questions so here goes.
Why did you start blogging?  Thought it was a nice and easy way to record the multitudes of Wargaming and painting stuff I tend to do. Also gives you motivation to do more painting just to post it and share with others... well that's what I tell myself. Been a good way to keep record of all the wargaming competitions I like to go to and how well/crap I did.

If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be? Lots of attractive females doing the hobby .. but we all know this is never going to happen,  so more likely to say, more Saga competitions to go to would be nice.

What is best in life? That's an easy one ... has to be Windsurfing and Dinghy Sailing (very hard to decide what one is the better so have to declare both)  Nothing better than getting out on the water for a sail/Windsurf on a long reach across Wellington harbor, pushing your limits to the max ...


Do you want to live forever? Nope, as long as I can still sail my boat in my 80's I will be happy man - someone in our sailing club just retired from sailing a Sunburst and he's aged 83

What miniatures are you most proud of having painted? Hard to pinpoint an exact model, have to say my FOW Russian Strelkovy horde - the painting is not the best, but as a whole, basing the army in the rubble streets of Stalingrad looks the part and that's the most important thing for me.

A small portion of the Russian infantry I have done 
How do you deal with burn out? I stop painting for a while and play board games instead, only problem it takes a while to get motivated to paint again ...

Why is a raven like a writing desk? I have not the foggiest idea what this is about !

Star Wars or Star Trek? Has to be Star Wars for me but the new Star trek movies are very good.
But my all time favorite Sci-fi would be RED DWARF ...  have all the series on DVD , very funny and fond memories watching this as a teenager on the box with my dad and brother.


If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which one would it be?
War and Peace games seem to do a good job

What is your favourite takeaway? Has to be Indian food - A hot Lamb Madras (Indian hot) being my pick

Well there you go, cheers all.
Mark

2 comments:

  1. Nice answers Mark. Didn't know you liked your curry Indian hot! Kiwi medium can be enough to make my nose bleed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers , yep the hotter the better !
    Any hot dish - be it Indian, Mexican chili dish or Thai dish - Panang Curry hot (that makes your eyes water after eating it .. very good.

    ReplyDelete