Monday, 14 October 2013

PAINTING UPDATE : GERMAN GLIDER PLANES

I thought I would keep the theme going with painting FOW planes ... so over the weekend I had finished painting my four DFS 230 German glider planes.

They finished up looking quite good, and was fun to paint. Getting the colours right took a few attempts trying to get the right balance, especially the underbelly colour, as I had to mix them (not having the correct paints they suggested) but I think I have got them close enough.  Only painted up the 4 of them as that's all I need for my Early War German Luftlandersturm Force, as I am only going to have the one compulsory platoon, the rest being Pioneer Fallschirmj√§ger platoons.

I now only have to paint up the four 2cm Flak38 guns and their commander for this force now and it should be all ready to use for a tournament. But the AA guns may have to wait as I have a unit of Russian Cossacks next in line on the painting table.


Gliders safely landing in some crop fields





3 comments:

  1. Very nice work Mark... must admit the DFS has always looked way too narrow in the fuselage to my eyes, but I am guessing it is historically accurate as a model? Perhaps its because I am more used to seeing the chunkier looking Horsa of the Allies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with there, the Fuselage doesn't look right to me either, way to skinny , as the MG gunner, only just sits on the top, so not sure how it fits 8 to 10 men - also presume they have only one pilot ?

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome. The width is right. Think of single chairs in a row. Build canvas around the sides.
    Must have been a freaky ride.

    ReplyDelete